Friday, December 18, 2009

Busy week

We have had a very busy week. On Sunday we got Ryan a toddler bed. Shannon took down the crib for the very last time. As he was working on it I was thinking about how excited we were to be putting it up for the very first time when we were pregnant with Connor. I never expected to ever have a baby and by the Grace of God he blessed us with this sweet boy. Then I was thinking that we would never use the crib again. Very bittersweet, however I am enjoying watching Ryan grow and get bigger. Here are a couple pics of the big boy in his new bed:




The only problem we have is he doesn't like his new bed, so we have been having alot of sleeping issues this week. Needless to say we are both tired. We are hoping he gets used to it soon!!
On Monday I started my Christmas baking. I baked all kinds of fun cookies. I made; gingerbread men, dark chocolate, mint and white chocolate cookies, molasses cookies, peanut bloosoms, kifflings (Russian tea cakes), and turtle pretzels. My Kitchen Aid got a workout!! I LOVE it!! It was so wonderful especially when I didn't need to stir all that batter by hand. Did I say I LOVE my Kitchen Aid , I do!!!







Both boys were helpers also! That was fun. I am telling you, my kitchen is so small that it was a challenge to get all 3 of us in there. Connor decorated some of the gingerbread men on his own and had fun doing that. I actually love it when the boys want to help bake or cook. I believe a man should know how to cook something other than boxed food. Maybe one day their wives will thank me! Here a some pics of my helpers and of Connors gingerbread men.












Tomorrow we are going to my niece's 16th birthday party and I am doing her cake. Her theme is candy so I am making a candy land theme cake. I will post some pictures when it is all done. I am excited to be able to make it for her. I hope it turns out cute!!






No comments: