Wednesday, December 3, 2008

My little sick RyRy

We made our first trip to the ER with Ryan yesterday. He was running a very high fever and had vomited on Monday night. We gave him some tylenol and finally got him back to sleep at midnight. He was doing better thru the night but when he woke up at 4am Tuesday he was running a high fever again so I decided he needed to go to the ER. Of course by the time we got there his fever was down and he was feeling much better. They looked him over and found his tonsils were very red and swollen. The Dr. thought maybe he had strep. He doesn't, so it is viral and needs to run its course. He is doing much better today and eating some food. I tried to feed him some yogurt (which he loves!) and he didn't want anything to do with it. I left it on the end table and went to do something and I came back and this is what I found:

He was a mess!! Yogurt everywhere. In his hair, all down the front of him, everywhere! I had to wash him off in the sink. He is too funny! He is feeling better, can you tell. I just put him down for a nap and am enjoying the quiet. I love and hate when my kids are sick. They want to be with me all the time, which I love. They want to be with me all the time, which can get old because nothing gets done. No dinner, nothing. Shannon picked up a couple of frozen pizzas, so good for us, Ha! Now don't get me wrong, I love the snuggle time and the loving I get to do, but really he would only be with me. No daddy, no nannie, no one but me. So now that he is napping, I should probably get yesterdays stuff done.

No comments: